Wednesday 18 November 2009

Initial Sketches - School magazine cover

Sketch Idea 1: I chose the name 'sheldon star' as the title for my magazine as the word 'star' connotes 'excellence' which would be a positive way to describe my magazine. Furthermore, it plays on the titles of popular newspapers such as the Daily Star, which may be beneficially in favour for it's popularity. I felt this was a suitable front cover as it is a medium close-up, showing a keen student, with clear areas for text. The magazine would be aimed towards the majority of the school, with articles that were targeted towards all ages.

Sketch Idea 2: I was pleased with the name 'Sheldon Star', therefore I chose to keep it when designing this front cover too. I decided on this layout, as it was attractive, appropriate and clear; I feel this front cover's format is better than that of Sketch Idea 1, as it follows the two-thirds rule. This magazine would also be aimed towards the majority of the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers