Tuesday 8 December 2009

Contents Page Mock-up


Contents Page Mock-up


I chose to design my contents page so the layout is clearly separated and easy to read. I feel it is appropriate as it follows a similar design to my front cover, by which the colour scheme of purple, dark blue and yellow is used, and the easy to read format, and the same fonts. The word 'contents' is displayed attractively down the side of the page, to make it more visually interesting. I have three 'image' boxes, as I feel for a contents page this is an adequate number of images. I chose to locate the 'main story' at the top of the page, as this would be possibly the most interesting section to readers, therefore catching the reader's attention immediately. The theme of my contents page follows the idea of a 'note-board' effect. I chose this design as it fits in with the idea of school and education, with the note board connoting the idea of classroom wall displays and revision notes. I hope this idea is successful as I felt as well as it being appropriate for the idea of a 'school magazine', it also makes the contents page attractive and different. It would be appropriate when comparing to my front cover page, as it represents what the sell-lines read, for example 'Revision tips!', which means it would be relevant in every respect. If this was not successful, I do not feel my contents page would be at a disadvantage by not following the 'note-board' theme, because I like the layout of my front cover; however I am pleased with the theme I have chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers