Friday 19 March 2010

My Final design: Music Magazine Contents Page

Progress: Complete

I have since included an arrow, instructing the reader to turn to a particular page. I feel this is an effective and useful item to use as it is helpful for the reader, suggests that there are interesting features to read and it also adds more colour and interest for the page. I also included the date that the magazine will be distributed as this is useful for the reader and was included on most popular music magazines: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xWIN2w4uXgY/SRQxk8ttb8I/AAAAAAAAACY/Blpmgeyd3DQ/s400/q+contents.jpg
Overall, I am very pleased with my contents page. I am particularly happy with my simplisitic format and the clear divisions for my composition. It is clear where to look, and I feel this is particularly useful for a contents page, as these are used so you know where to find features etc in the magazine, therefore a simple format is needed for ease. I included lines in my contents page, as this helped to divide the page up and add to the simplistic format. Lines are also seen on popular magazines, which is good connotations for my magazine.

Audience Feedback:

Positives:
+ I like how the images are on one side and the text on the other
+ Interesting and appropriate photos used
+ Easy to read
+ Really effective use of another issue for the subscription
+ The subscription article in grey highlights it compared to the rest of the page
+ Looks good how the central line goes through 'Alt-Wave', as if representing the divide of different styles of rock
+ The angled small issue image for subscription, very realistic and draws attention to the image

Negatives:
- Arrow looks very slightly pink instead of red
.............
But NO OTHERS?! Wow...

3 comments:

Followers