Thursday 8 April 2010

Music Magazine Double Page Spread Progress














Progress: Incomplete

This is my double page spread article that I have created so far. I produced this on a program called 'Ind. Design', which meant I was able to accurately and effectively make the double paged spread compared to the previous program 'PhotoShop' I used. I have continued to follow my black, red and white/gold colour scheme, and feel that it is particularly effective for this area of my magazine. The article is an interview with Brandon Flowers, the subject of my cover, and talks of his life and career and what it is to be a rock star. I felt having two columns was effective as it follows the simplistic theme I have used throughout my magazine. I like the simplistic theme as I feel that rock music speaks for itself and has so much power and intensity that it does not need to be emphasised by a complex format. For the background, I created it on PhotoShop and stretched it to fit the double page. I used a spotlight effect on photoshop as well as 'render' and 'distort' effects. These effects together created a rustic and battered style, which is effective and appropriate for the rocky and rebellious genre of music, also the lighting represents gigs. I used angling on my titles at the top, as this enabled them to stand out and catch the reader's gaze as these are the titles I wanted to draw the reader's attention to as they encourage the reader to read the article. For the text, I used 'bold' to make specific words stand out more and catch the reader's gaze even more. I included the minor images I took, and here I am contemplating formatting these down the left hand side vertically. However, I think I may change this layout and display them at the bottom of the left hand page. The red box down the side is where the two minor images would go, however, if I change my mind, the box will go; I feel the red is quite over powering for the page, as I want the reader's attention to be drawn mainly to the main image and callouts.


This is the photo I took for my double page spread. It was a photo shoot I carried out with my friend Kerhys, and we both agreed I should use this image as it was exactly the look I was going for. I also asked other class mates who felt this was a great image for a double page spread. This audience feedback was valuable for me, as an age group of 16-17 years is in my target group and are an age I aim to target. I also then confirmed this with my teacher who is also in the age range (late 20's) and she too agreed the image was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers