Thursday 25 February 2010

Contents Page Sketches

These are the two sketches I have designed for my music magazine contents page. They both follow the same layout of having a large, main image on the left of the page. I chose to use this idea as from the research I carried out into existing music magazine contents pages, the majority of the most successful pages used this layout. In both sketches, they include additional photos, which I would take of 'bands' from the 80's, 90's and today. However, these would be taken in a photoshoot I am soon to be carrying out. Similar to this, my main image for both of these would use an individual from a rock band, holding a microphone. The expression of my copy I will have to decide during the photoshoot as during my previous photoshoot my subject went through a trial of different expressions, as the original idea did not work. Despite this, I would like my copy to connote the idea of a 'rocky' energy, excitement and slight rebellion, typical of my genre of alternative rock music.

After much deliberation, I have chosen my second sketch. I feel this would suit my magazine better, as it is a simpler than the first, which then makes it similar to my front cover, as this also follows a simple composition. In the first sketch, I tried using a masthead I found whilst researching, that I felt worked well. But after sketching this, I now feel it is not appropriate for my magazine. As my masthead for the front cover follows a simple style, on one line, using this vastly different masthead would not mean it did not match, and mean it did not look as professional. I also like the idea of a 'subscription' advertisement for my magazine, as this helps to promote my magazine further to readers, and adds to the professionalism. For the features column, the numbers will be large, meaning they stand out from the page and means it is also attractive.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers