Monday 8 February 2010

Music Magazine Front Cover - Audience Feedback

Progress: Incomplete (Awaiting feedback)
This is the progress I have made so far for my music magazine front cover. Despite it looking quite complete, I still want to improve the front cover and make it look the best it could get. Therefore, I thought it would be useful to carry out some audience research, and use the opinions of others to help improve my magazine.
This was the feedback I recieved:


Positive comments:
+ The masthead behind the image looks good
+ The way the masthead darkens with the shadow of the copy from the light is effective
+ Shadow used around the tagline works well as it matches with the shadow made by your copy
+ Composition is really good
+ The puff hook works well
+ Small image cut out at bottom left of page makes it look proffessional
+ The way the guitar is not obscured by any sell-lines makes it stand out, and highlights your genre of magazine
+ Positioning of masthead
+ Positioning of sell-lines/text arrangments is clear and works well
+ Colour scheme looks good and is appropriate for your genre


Audience Feedback:

Negative comments:
- Paramore tagline too long, means its less eyecatching and too much for the page
- Writing on the banner needs to be clearer
- Barcode is not black and its too big
- Enlarge the word 'The' in your central sell-line
- Make the Paramore sell-lines clearer and bolder
- Date, issue number and price is too big
- Possibly change red banner to black
- Possibly change angling of text in the puff


Front Cover images:


These are two images I took when I went to see Paramore live in Cardiff in December. I took two photos, specifically in mind of my front cover. One is of the band Paramore, the other is of the band You Me At Six. The photos are not of a very good quality because they were taken live and without a tripod of any useful equipment. However, this also adds to the freeness of the music genre, and represents the live gigs aspect, so I feel it does not matter that this is not professionally captured. In the first image, I aim to use the lasso tool on Photoshop to cut out the band member from You Me At Six. I may decide to manipulate these two images on Photoshop to make the image clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers