Tuesday 9 February 2010

Finished Music Magazine Front Cover

This is my final magazine cover that I have edited and manipulated using Photo shop. I used my audience feedback to help perfect my front cover. I put many constructive comments to use, as you can see, such as the Paramore sell-lines and the enlarged word 'The' sell-line. Hopefully now my audience would be more satisfied with my cover as I have encorporated different views other than my own.
Overall, I am very pleased with this as a music magazine front cover, and feel it is very successful. I feel without designing a school magazine front cover, this project so far would not have been as successful, in particular my skills on photoshop. Practising taking photos for the school magazine front cover also enabled me to get a greater understanding for the effectiveness, focusing on the angles, lighting, distance, eye contact etc.The areas I am most pleased with are the shot itself. I like how the copy is centralised in the page, with the copy's arm and guitar dividing the page further. The shadow created from the spotlight works really well, as I feel it adds to the professionalism of the photo, whilst casting a the light across his face which enhances it, meaning it stands out to the reader. I also feel the spotlight works well as it gives perspective to the copy, as the copy's clothing is brigher nearer his face and masthead, which again enables the reader to be drawn to the key areas of the front cover. The images i used were photos I had taken from a previous gig, therefore the quality of these are not fantastic; in particular the image of Josh Franceschi which is slightly yellowed in colour. I tried to use Photo shop to manipulate the image, however, in the end I felt the image in more-or-less its original state works best as it also goes with the black-red-gold theme I have used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers